A strong lower body is crucial to performance.Leg routine needs to be centered around multijoint. Leg exercises are not just for hamstrings, quads. They will also work your core muscles, glutes, and improve balance.
Glutes are one of the biggest muscle groups in the body. Performing exercises like burpees, lunges, squats, leg-presses, leg extensions and calf raises which are some of the exercises one can do to exercise legs.
How to perform kettlebell swings:
1. Stand over the kettlebell with feet hip-width apart, chest up, shoulders back and down.
2. Squatting down, grip the kettlebell with palms facing you and thumps wrapped loosely around the handle.
3. Stand tall, still gripping the k’bell. Keep your arms long and loose while retracting your shoulder blades and engaging your core. Soften your knees, shift your bodyweight into your heels and lower your rear end back and down toward the wall behind you.
4. Driving through your heel, explode through the hops to send that weight swinging upward from your quads. Aim for chest height, with arms extended. Achieving this position requires you to snap your hips through, contracting core while squeezing your cheeks
5. As the kettlebell begins to descend, let the weight do the work as you ready your body for the next rep.
- It’s good for the back
- Improve body mobility
- Builds muscle all over
- Burns more fat